From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 20:15:21 -0700
Ken Stuart wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2000 15:40:25 -0700, Eric Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >Todd:
> >  How are you getting around the 4-messages per day limit?
> >  I'm finding it pretty much impossible to carry on any sort
> >of dialogue, so I find myself stopping myself before I start
> >any...
>
> The 4/day limit was started to prevent the "does so" "does not" "does
> so" "neh neh neh" type of exchanges.
>
> Unfortunately, I think I think that the limit is a little bit too
> restrictive.
> What do people think about an increase to 6 per day?
>
> Particularly, if you object to that increase, please say so, or if
> you support it, say so as well.
>
> If it seems clear that people support it, then perhaps we can
> petition the list owner to raise the limit to 6...
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Ken

I have set the daily post limit is now set to 6 with 60 total posts per day as a
trial. This means that if 10 people post 6 messages each then nobody else can
post to the list that day which ends at midnight US eastern time zone time. We
can see how this works.

This is a support list not a voting list. If you want changes e-mail me not the
list. If sixty of the 350 subscribers were to all vote then nothing else would
be discussed that day. A very poor use of our list resources.

If this works I will leave the new setting in place.