From:
Justine Shrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:47:11 -0600
I buy pork rinds at a flea market near Scottsboro, Alabama. The woman who
makes them gets the skins from Chicago and fries them in peanut oil (which
can be heated to a high temperature without smoking). Peanut oil is 60%
monounsaturated. (Olive oil is 82% monounsaturated.) Anyway, whe then salts
them and sells them in ziploc bags. They are better than any of the
commercial ones I've tasted. I was searching online for information about
thie with the keywords, "how to make pork rinds" and found a recipe that
uses lard as the oil.