Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:20:17 -0800
>Are you sure you have the correct research? The following statement is from
>the Eggland's Best press release that I posted here:
>
>"The feed contains only healthy grains, canola oil and BioteneT, a unique
>all natural supplement which includes rice bran, alfalfa meal, kelp and
>vitamin E."

Oh, sure, like some paleo-era hen is going to be eating this kind of diet?
I don't think so. IMO a non-paleo-fed animal has a very dubious place
in the diet of a human paleo aspirant. And yes I believe it goes as far
down the food chain as one cares to consider.

Does "healthy grains" (an oxymoron in paleohuman dietary terms) include
GM corn and soy? In N. America one can bet it does! And don't get
me started on "canola", aka intensely-refined, erucic acid-contaminated,
GM rapeseed oil. Bran from one of the most environmentally-damaging
crops in human history? Kelp? Get real! And tocopherols from soyabeans?
Not paleo, nuh uh.

These hens are fed what must be the most unnatural diet ever. Add to
that the legal but inhumane confinement under which they are raised
(no I'm not a PETA stooge) and one can naturally conclude that there
ain't nuttin natural about Eggland's product, patented or not.