Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:28:19 -0700
At 10:10 AM 03/04/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>The vegetarian movement is fueled by dollars from individuals to special
>interest groups which are greased by political action committees who are
>fueled by one big sugar daddy called Government.  It's pure power
>politics.......  I don't believe in altruistic motives when it comes to
>the deep pockets of the tax payer.  Sorry for being off topic but this
>is a torque in my jaw......
>Oliva (going back to lurk)

Though Lois said it brilliantly, I add...

Got milk? Got RBGH?

A lot of cattle ranchers use public lands out west here, lands which aren't
suited to raising cattle. The lands are pretty much waste land now rather than
complex ecosystems.

FDA and the Agriculture Department approve all kinds of substances that are
injected, sprayed or otherwise added to food.

Many vegetarians are conscious of all this and trying to avoid the poison and
poison pushers while promoting safe eating.

I buy organically raised meat and poultry, hoping those who grow these
products
are responsible and environmentally cautious. We *can* have our paleolithic
diets and eat them, too, if we're careful.

Debby

Only slaves love being powerful.
        --Hans Erich Nossack