CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tresy Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:39:45 -0700
on 7/16/00 5:46 AM, F. Leon Wilson at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> This makes our task clear: we need to make our people understand that NATO
> is the military arm of an unjust, undemocratic and destructive economic
> globalization.
Except when it *doesn't* intervene somewhere (such as Rwanda), in which case
we must switch horses and bray loudly at it for not doing so, even though,
by the premise just enunciated, it CAN'T do anything other than foment evil
wherever it goes. Orwell called this DoubleThink. I'm sure we all agree on
its usefulness for the Cause.
--
Tresy Kilbourne
Seattle WA