BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:29:23 -0400

Hold it....

> Backflow preventers
> aren't used
> on anything but waste/sewer lines, as far as I know.

Heh heh heh heh.  That's where you're wrong.

Down here in "The Land Where The Engineers Have Taken Over The Appearance Of
Our Environment," we now are required to have backflow preventers on the
water supply line.  Just on your side of the right-of-way line.  Above
ground.  So now we have "hot boxes" sprouting up to house these pipes that
oddly burst out of the ground, so they won't freeze.

But there is no way any of Sharpshooter's hot water is going to get into OUR
public water supply, no sirree bob.

Not that I understand why that would be a problem.  Probably because of the
lead in the solder of all the joints in his plumbing.

Though I can't say I've yet seen a geyser from where some errant motorist,
while talking on their cell phone, misdirected their Stupid Urban assault
Vehicle over one of these things, I figure it's an accident just waiting to
happen.  Then we'll need to start protecting them with bollards.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic                               I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                                   - Scarecrow