BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 07:01:59 -0600
Damn!  Another myth destroyed!  Or is it just that I hang out with people who
don't attract the rich, powerful, extravigant, hip, trendy and generous
clients?

A long time ago, in a place far away, I was a young painter...and handsome
too!  Maybe even charming, but I'm sure it was a taste acquired only by a
select few.  And at that time and in that place I discovered that business
being what it was, having people who liked and wanted my work wasn't enough.
You need people who have money enough to pay you more than it cost to produce
your work.  Not understanding investing for the long haul, or being able to
understand that young lawyers and CPA's and such would have money soon enough,
I became discouraged.

Now, no doubt, they are wasting their money on "business" trips to Jamaica.
Christmas cards don't give much detail on careers anymore.

Still, sometimes the grass really is greener...just got to decide if you can
deal with the stuff that makes it green.

To work, perhaps to earn.

-jc