BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:29:42 -0600
Ken Follett wrote:

> It is difficult to maintain resources as a steady stream.
>
> We work to secure a plum restoration job to keep a good craftsman, our rising
> star,

A few years ago, when I was running carpenters-
I took a job which I knew would be essentially a losing proposition-
"To keep the Guys busy" during the winter-
The Controller @ my favorite lumber yard, to whom I explained this asked-
" Which one of these jerk-offs won't be leaving you in the spring for a dollar
more an hour?"

DD