BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:13:26 -0500
OK all,

I can now vouch for the existence of one cuyler page, late of kamloops, bc,
now temporarily sojourning in southwest ohio.... soon to return to the
frozen north, but not til he's been to the TRAILER MUSEUM in elkhart ...
(had to put in my pitch there, cuyler, you understand  ;) )
this man can drink one HELL of a lot of coffee!!

we had a very interesting discussion in a waffle house on I-75 about
(among dozens of other topics):

1) golden rectangles/proportions and traditional building practices vs "modern
architectural/design education practices"...
calling all BP architect types, were you exposed to the "goldens" in school?
non-schooled BP'ers, were these secrets of the ancients passed down to you
by craftspersons with whom you worked or were apprenticed?

2) pattern recognition and pattern completion as restoration tools...
specifically, using golden or divine ratios/rectangles/triangles to reconstruct
locations of now-missing or altered  structure components...
any BP'ers with experience in this area?

3) how does a mason's square tie into this?  michael? nick? anybody?
do masons have the equivalent of the golden rectangle rules of thumb
for stonework proportions?    just curious....

4) living-in-small-spaces experiences, in cuyler's case, a fire-watch tower....
and the processes we use to construct "faces" for people with whom we
correspond,  in his case, via radio -- and for both of us, BP denizens....

and, it seems quite a few of you-all are from the ithaca area,
but have never SEEN each other...
I thought that was odd  ;)
ithaca is not THAT big of a town, is it?

dab   "a trailer 8 x 26 would be divine"

ps... the spell checker would have us believe that I'm REALLY talking to
bipeds about some guy named curler from palmtops, or maybe gallops, bc   ;)
see michael, we don't need no stinkin spellcheckers  ;)