BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:16:55 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/00 6:59:54 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< The question now is whether ][<en is going to report that his partner
Senior
 is  a Racerhead. >>

I'll take the bait.

John Weiss, Sr., president of Apple, and my partner is involved with dirt
modifieds. He has been fairly heavy into it the past few years with multiple
cars and running around the East Coast on extended weekends with his racing
team that is out of Western MA. He is this year downsizing and sticking with
a Camero dirt stock that he, and a group of his fellow enthusiasts, take
around to children's hospitals for the kids. Besides race cars John likes
kids. He spends most of his racing leisure at the dirt track in Middletown,
NY.

Racing is a community activity regardless of the type of vehicles. Kathy & I
like to go to the track in Riverhead on Saturday nights (closer to us than
Manhattan), though we have not done it much in the last few years. The people
tend to be down home, gross, outlandish, illiterate and loud -- I feel at
home, reminding me of going to upstate tracks as a kid, and I love the
excitement. I'll never forget as a kid riding around in the street stock on
the dirt track in Dryden one night that I won a ticket raffle.

][<en