BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:59:44 -0500
I once inspected a project that involved miscellaneous repairs to windows,
siding, doors and such.  It was a pleasant day as I recall and at a site that I
remain fond of beyond all reason.  I found myself doing a double take at a window
in the gable that I had not bothered to the climb the ladder to really look at
closely.  Then I did a triple take.  Then I got in my car to leave.  I stopped
and looked again.  something was wrong, but I had no idea what.  So I got out of
the car and climbed the ladder.

I discovered that dowels had been stuck to a single glass plate with caulk and to
most I suppose it appeared to be a real window.

I did not fall off the ladder.

I did not say a word.  It was Friday.  I did not say anything about this on
Saturday...out loud.  Sunday morning I lost it, called the contractor up,
demonstrated that I do in fact know how to use those words in a relatively simple
and direct statement.  He of course was just as calm as could be, "oh...you don't
like that?  Well, I'll fix it."

I kind of miss that s.o.b.

-jc