BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:52:09 -0500
Ruth,

    Yep... that'd be it....  as you may know that was *the* way north on
that side of the state.  Before I 91 the whole section north of "Brat"
hugged tightly to the river and the "guard rail" was period stones set
pointy side up. I was disappointed when they stretched the ribbon of road
straight.
     I spent most of my youth in Londonderry two miles up Hell's Peak Road
from the location of the original Adam's Market and Merrill's General Store.
We also had a family farm in Woodstock about three miles outside of town on
Cloudland Road.  My Dad is currently in Norwich and sister in Warren.  With
few exceptions most of the family has moved out of state.
    I have been to Newfane many times for the flea market and a few barn
dances.  Did you ever go to dances in Landgrove?

Best,
Leland