BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:41:23 -0500
We're really proud of our recently completed project to restore the
Detroit Observatory on the Ann Arbor campus of the University of
Michigan.  It's really cool to experience this anachronistic pure
expression of the mid 19th c. study of science, original instruments
intact.  It is open Thursday afternoons once a month, so I don't know if
this will work, but it may be worth contacting the director, Patricia S.
Whitesell at [log in to unmask]  (I think that is the address.)

Is this some kind of junket?  I can't imagine how one can justify a tour
of the midwest to see museums, unless in context of a conference or
organized tour.

You can also stop at Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum in
Dearborn to get an eyeful of museum artifacts on a large scale.

Ilene