BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:56:15 -0400

Y'all need to gargle with Google more. A search on these terms <houston
flood elevator woman died> turns up as its second hit:

<http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/topstory/937282>

Scroll to near the bottom for this:

"Kristie Lee Tautenhahn, 42, was found drowned in an elevator of her
downtown office building, the Bank of America building, early Saturday.
Police believe she was trying to get to her car in the basement parking
garage when the carriage got stuck and it filled with water from the
flooded basement.

"Neighbors described Tautenhahn as a single woman who liked to work long
hours.

" 'She kept to herself, and she always worked late,' said Judy Scogin,
who lived across the street from Tautenhahn's home in Spring."

Another site <http://www.psquareddoc.com/hiddentext/Jun1201.html> of
uncertain attribution states:

"To be honest, I haven't been in flooding like this since 1993 when
Ames, Iowa flooded along with the rest of the upper mid-west. Its
amazing what is happening here in Houston. They say that 17 people have
died here in Houston because of the flooding. I think the most senseless
death was the woman who was trapped in the elevator after the power went
out. The elevator went to the bottom of the shaft automatically and she
drowned because the basement of the building was flooded."

I'll let you do the searching from there to see if more info is
available.

Cheers,

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.     "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic             from some flounder?"
Districts Commission         - Bullwinkle J. Moose
919/890-3678