BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Afghanistan of the preservation movement." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:25:10 EST
In a message dated 11/26/2001 8:40:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Before you store them away apply a light coating of 3-1 oil and then wipe
 them off with a rag. Send oil-soaked wrag to Ralph. >>

Chrif,

Before Ken weighed in with the above, I was going to tell you that my late
friend the carpenter told me that when he went into the British Army during
the Big One, he left his tools in England after coating them with vaseline,
and they came out fine.

Now I have to decide whether you should send Ken the vaseline-soaked rag, or
whether he doesn't deserve it.

Ralph

For what it's worth, 3 in 1 is probably sufficient for a season, but if head
off to Afghanistan, you might want to try the Vaseline.  Take an extra jar
with you, though.

Mr. Helpful