BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:07:43 -0500
Here in New York City, Campbell Steel Windows are ubiquitous. I had a large
project were we needed to repair many and possibly replace a few but there
is one contractor that appears to be able to close out all others and they
were not interested (we wasted several months finding this out) - even on a
project like the Chrysler Building. For better or worse (in hindsight I
think better), we were able to repair/restore all the units in question.

We had contacted a company in Connecticut named Fox Steel Windows (I also
recall a Canadian supplier) who sounded interested and had a good looking
product but in the end did not come through (as noted above). I don't have
their number immediately on hand but a web search, telephone information
could get it for you. If you are in a bind please contact me and I can dig
it out.

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Senior Project Director