BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks.\" -- Mary D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:19:18 -0400
7bit
From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>

<http://www.earthlink.com/home/access/numbers.html>

<http://www.mindspring.com/poppages/ny.html>

You have to determine if the numbers they list are local or not.  You can
explore around their homepages to see about their services.  I'd try to sign
up through the homepage of the one that has the POP you want to use.

I should note that both providers have their own proprietary software "front
ends" that give you their own connecting software/home page packages with
ads, cutesy little notices of what's hot, links to this and that.  I never
installed it, I just use my account as an onramp to the net using the
dial-up software that comes with the computer.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic                               I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                                   - Scarecrow