BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Infarct a Laptop Daily\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:17:46 -0500
7bit
From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>

No, but I remember my very best elevator rides.  The 20+/- story long-vacant
Exchange Building, Memphis.  We were doing the architectural work for
adaptive use as housing.  During the initial analysis phase, much fieldwork
was required.  Building still had the open cage passenger elevators with
lever operation.  No governors.  Very best way to experience a real sense of
motion, with stomach dropping acceleration, shaft walls ablur.  I can feel
the sensation even now.  Yeeeee-haaaaaaaaa.
Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.,          "Help me, Mr. Wizard!  I don't
Raleigh Historic                        want to be here anymore!"
Districts Commission                             - Tooter the Turtle