From:
Craig Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:41:32 -0800

Hi,

I just had a wonderful lunch at Myas in San Francisco
(415-543-2928).  They make all their dishes fresh.  No
thickeners are used in their sauces.  I called at a
busy time (noon) and they let me talk to the chef.  I
told him I'd be quick because he must be busy, and he
said no problem, he'd take as much time as I needed.
He explained all the stuff about fresh ingredients and
no thickeners and I suggested that I talk to him in
person when I arrive so he didn't have to explain the
whole menu to me over the phone. He said sure, ask for
him when I arrive and he'd go over the menu with me.

As it turns out, I could eat almost everything on the
menu (not the brown mole sauce because it has cookies
crumbled into it).  I asked lots of detailed questions
about preparation and hidden glutens and surfaces and
all that.  The deep frier is used only for corn chips,
which are %100 corn.  I had a great margaurita, too.
They use fresh juices and good tequila.  All the
ingredients of the drinks were even listed on the
menu.

I can't say enough about how helpful and accomodating
they were.  Of course, the price reflects it.  Lunch
entrees were $12-16.

If you're looking for gourmet mexican food in san
fran, check 'em out.  The chef that I spoke to is
named Trini.

Salud,

Craig

=====