Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:05:57 -0500

My daughter was diagnosed at 18 months with Celiac.  We saw a pediatric
gastroentrologist at the University of Minnesota.  She did have most of
the classic symptoms - diarreha, weight loss, hair loss, enlarged abdomen,
vomiting, etc.  Blood tests showed she was deficient in 10 vitamins and
minerals. She also had eleveted IgA levels.  So, her PDI suggested an
endoscopy.  The procedure is very, very short.  She was just fine until
she woke up and had an IV in her arm.  Then she was hysterical.  As soon
as the IV came out, she was fine.  If I had to subject her to it again, I
would.  It is just another confirming factor. ( Her villi were all bent
over)

Joyce from MN