Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:02:12 -0700
From:
Jody Mattison-German <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, this is my first post to the celiac list...I've
been reading it all month, thank you for being there!

I was diagnosed cd in early April (after 5 years of
all the usual suspect wrong diagnoses). I am getting
better on the gf diet, with a few major relapses from
unrealized gluten sources.

The last three oops have had weird results... within a
few hours of ingesting the hidden gluten
("fresh-squeezed" lemonade, Fritos, something at
Chevy's), I start itching horribly, and welt
immediately if I scratch. I often have tiny little
bumps show up (they have in the past), but no open
sores unless I've scratched too hard. The areas are
typically dh areas,(hands, feet, elbows and knees);
but weirdly, any area with pressure put on it by
clothing also becomes welted and itchy... bra strap
lines, waistband area, even the spot where the buckle
to my fanny pack rested! That spot became dark like a
bruise, then after the itching stopped became dry and
scaly(It is now all better). If I scratch a regular
itch (like an ingrown hair) it welts up like an
allergic reaction to mosquito bite.

 I itch for days (like RIGHT NOW!!!), and then have
steatorrhea (sp?) for days, then get better.

I searched the archives but only found tidbits of
info. I know this isn't DH, I know it isn't an
unrelated allergy, and I can tell you that
hydrocrtizone cream does not help. Have other people
experienced this? It never happened before I went gf.

I will summarize.
thanks
Jody Mattison-German