C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:33:00 -0400
Elaine,

At least speaking for my school...The classes that are pull-out learning
support classes work with the kids at their level, but in my experience,
have NOT been exactly the same curriculum.  For example, I had a student
this year who was included in my regular math class for the first time
ever.  Previous years he had been in the learning support math class but
worked on grade-level appropriate skills.  Upon beginning in my class,
it was obvious to me that he was not used to the level of problem
solving we expect.  We accomodated him so he was successful and with an
aide in the room to help it was fine.  But, I would make sure there are
these types of possibilities for your daughter as she may find she has
"holes" in her learning and will need someone to help her fill them in.
I would still put her in the third grade class.  Just start preparing
her now.  READ ALOT.

Linda