C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:43:57 -0700
At 04:51 PM 6/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Tim!
>
>Sorry to hear that your chair is broken. I know that is a pain. from the
>price you said I would guess it is an electronics problem? he he Aren't I
>nosey ? My chair just had repairs done new brushes for the motors and they
>took the drive electronics to send back to the factory for testing as they
>do not have the right things to test it here *sigh* I am not very anxious to
>see the bill as I have been using loaner electronics while mine is away but
>Medicare takes care of some and Medicaid the rest for me. Never heard of
>wheelchair insurance but I do not know of any.

Do you mind telling mew how you got Medicare?  I'm not a senior and I tried
to get it, but they told me that I was too young.

Here is the estimate that they sent me.

*Motor w/ Gear Box-left                         395.00
*Footrest Hanger w/ Lock-left                 35.87
*24 Gel Batteries                                   420.00
Headrest Reupholstery                            75.00
Rear Tires w/ Flat Free Inserts             223.86
Labor                                                       195.00
                                 Total                      1,344.73

The batteries were working fine a week ago and if I needed new batteries, I
go to a whole seller place and save $200.  The only thing that I need to
get replace is the motor and the foot hanger.

Tim