Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:44:28 +1000
The 80pin cable is used for ATA-66 drives, which is not suitable for old ATA-33
drives. However you can use standard 40pin IDE cable for ATA-66 drives (except the
ata-66 drive will run as a ata-33 drive). So unless you use another cable (40pin)
for your 10G drive, the problem won't go away. You may need to take care IRQ issue
if more than 2 IDE cables are used.

Jun Qian

Harvey Rose wrote:

> I've installed the controller card in my Abit BX6 computer. I've got the
> driver installed in Windows 98 on my 10.2 Gig (5400) 33mhz drive. I want to
> put in a new drive 20.4 Gig (7200) Maxtor and make my 10.2 Gig a slave. The
> new card won't recongize the 10.2 Gig drive as a master using the 80pin cable.
> When I boot up I get the message "No Disks connected to HPT366 host
> Adapter" and "BIOS for HPT366 host adapter not installed." This appears
> when the 10.2 gig drive is connected as orginal to the motherboard. If the
> drivers are installed on the old drive and it boots, how is the controller
> recongized tell the drivers are loaded? I've looked on the ABIT site but
> there isn't anything about this or in the manual either.
>   Should I disable the IDE on the mother board? I have a LS120 connected as
> a slave to the harddrive right now. Also I have a R/W drive and CDROM drive
> connected to IDE2 on the motherboard.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html