From:
"Robet W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:35:13 -0400
Thanks to all in advance!
I have an Asus p3bf, PIII 555, 128mg pc100, IBM ULTRASTAR 9.1 SCSI drive,on a Koultek SCSI card, Ricoh 7060s CDRW, a Soundblaster 48x cdrom, digaview 19' monitor and an Asus Pure 32mg video card. Os is Windows 98 orriginal release.The system has been rock solid for 8 months , not so much as a lock up. From the beginning i have 32 software applications that have all been working fine.I don't store a lot of anything on the drive such as text files or pics or even application logs such as saved games and so on. The glitch started as icons in the system tray even after getting closed would stay in the tray, even cntrl, alt, del shows it's not running.Then i started getting lock ups randomly with outlook express.The next part is kind of strange,I started getting fatal exceptions to ff0001243 or something like that
(changes everytime) if i press a button to continue sometimes it will continue to boot and other times it won't and go to a black screen, other times it will load the entire desktop and lock, (cntrl, alt, del) never works not even to shutdown.On boot up the icons that normaly loaded in the system tray started loading in different orders which told me right away it wasn't going to boot properly.Sometimes when it would boot and i received the blue screen of death i could press a button , get the blue screen again, press it again and it would load no problem with everything running properly.I have compared my benchmarks to the orriginal ones at the time of build and they are the same, i have systamaticaly removed apps from boot up leaving only the video card software,soundblaster liveware and Atgaurd and still get the same glitchs'. I'm about ready to format it and start all over but i would like to learn how to correct this problem and possibly prevent it from happening again.As
of now i consider myself an intermediate only because i im self taught and as of 10 months agao never touched a pc,So i did some research and built this one. I have gone through the registry and compared it to a back up and have found no changes. Sorry if this is a little long winded but i wanted to give you all as much information as i could think of that might be of help!
Thank's to all,I know how precious time is!
sincerely,
Robert W. Smith

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html