From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:01:39 CDT
If you are buying a retail version, the drive will come with software to
help you through the installation.  Part of that software will allow you to
copy partitions from one drive to another.  Just use that software.  It's
easy to use and has none of the drawbacks that copying files has.  Even if
you are buying a bare drive with no software, you can download the same
software off the Western Digital Web site - www.wdc.com

>From: Dick Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Information needed
>Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 04:06:09 -0700
>
>   I'm about to replace the 850MB hard drive in a factory
>built AMD 5X86-133 system rhat came with WIN95 installed,
>with one of the bargain WD 10GB units running at 5400RPM.
>The issues:
>
>  I need to copy the contents of the old HD to the new one,
>complete including operating system. I've misplaced the
>information on how to do that, evidently misfiled last time
>I upgraded my own HD. Around here that's as good as lost.
>Can anyone help me out here? I know that I will configure
>the original HD as master, the new one as slave, and issue a
>copy command, but what is it? Anything special about doing
>this with the 5X86?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html