From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:50:34 +0200
Hi Suan

Pommodori are a special Italian kind of tomatoes.  They are not so much
round but a bit oblong, strechted like.
Originally they are dried over there and put in oil or kept just dry and
they will keep for a long time.
They are slightly salted and peppered and we love the taste of it very
much.
I make a huge salad 4 or 5 times a week.  In there are lettuce,
cucumber, tomatoes, ansjvis, smoked salmon, just about anything we have
in the house.  Works good with any kind of leftovers there might be.
Also the dried pommodori are there.
When feeling particularly fancy I buy a jar of paste and smear that on
about anything.
Dip for cauliflower, broccoli, meat, cold cuts, fish....
Don't know if it is for sale in the USA but for sure it must be there
somewhere.

Christy