From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:40:23 -0700
On Wed, 31 May 2000 17:25:43 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 31 May 2000, Ken Stuart wrote:
>
>> I have not seen this "don't eat for four hours" in any of Sears' writings (just
>> like, parenthetically, "40-30-30" does not appear in any of Sears' writings).
>
>Haven't we had this conversation before?  Sears says that if you
>are wanting food less than 4 hours after a meal, you're doing
>something wrong, and you should be striving for a 4 to 6 hour
>satiety span.  Source, Mastering the Zone, p. 56: "Your primary
>concern is to maintain the desire four- to six-hour response
>regardless of the carbohydrate source."

Adjusting your diet so that you are not hungry for 4 hours, is not the same as
making sure not to eat before 4 hours is up.

Sears does specifically say to eat when you are not hungry.

Hunger indicates that the blood sugar level has dropped, which either requires
glucagon (as mentioned in your previous posts) or cortisol to restore (and you
have previously referred to the health problems involved in excess cortisol).

Keeping blood sugar even has benefits outside of just preventing
hyperinsulinemia.

--
Cheers,

Ken