Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:44:13 -0500
I wrote:
> - The argument was
> >made that humans are "spinning out" from their "center", which was
defined
> >as humans "attempting to remove themselves from their source, from the
> >natural environment that sustains them". The implication was that this
was
> >wrong action for our species, with possibly dire consequences.

jean-claude replied:
> there you misunderstand me

You seem to be back-peddling here, jean-claude. A quick review:

1) I commented on the promises of genetic engineering as a possible aid to
solving the problems of global hunger.

2) You replied that what I see as solutions are actually a "spinning out
from the center" and "attempting to remove ourselves from our source, from
the natural environment that sustains us".

3) I interpret this to mean that you are opposed to any attempt to implement
genetic engineering in the food supply -- that you think such attempts are
wrong action for our species with possibly dire consequences.

4) but now you say that no, that is not what you meant, that I have
misunderstood you.

So then I can put your name down on the list as someone who is not opposed
to genetically modified foods. Yes?

-gts