From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:15:28 -0700
  From: Clelia
  The carbohydrate I crave are:  pizza, cookies, pasta, pie, donuts and the
  occasional decaf coffee; every time I eat one or more in one day I get the
  following symptoms for a few days:  full bowel blockage (have to take a
  stool softener to cleanse my body out), very moody, depressed, irritable,
  brain fog, insomnia.........to name a few.
  I think you are craving foods you were so use to eating.  Eating differently than the current popular trend causes a certain amount of anxiety until it becomes second nature to you.  You are going through changes and have feelings that you miss these foods because they were so easy to eat, so mainstream and accessible.  It really takes time to change something so intimate as what we eat.  It took my 2 years to change and now I can honestly say that I crave fresh meat, veggies and herbal tea more than pizza and donuts.  I have a strong association between how coffee or aspartame or wheat makes me feel...bloated, moody and miserable.

  Try listening to your body.  All the scientific research can be interesting, but until you experience through your own experiments, you won't believe it.   If you want to know WHY it's pizza and donuts, read about quickly refined flour can cause a spiked insulin response.   It takes time and several diversions into the fruits of technology to become associated with a  predictable and uncomfortable reaction.   In time those foods will look unappealing and not worth it.

  Snowlight