C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Ciotola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:40:50 PDT
Hello Listmates,
I was just wondering how many of you would like to help me with
a little project I am thinking of doing.  I am sick and tired of
the long complicated seemingly endless stream of nonsense bills you
receive after you have had an admission, surgery or other complex service
at a hospital...I am also sick of the cost.  So my idea: to get a
truckload of itemized hospital bills from the following services:
Inpatient stay (surgical or otherwise)
Outpatient surgery or other invasive procedure
Emergency care

I want to send these bills to Congress along with a demand (and
specifications)for legislation to REQUIRE plain english billing
and lower costs...the reason I send the bills with this letter is
just to show the congressmen the hell we put up with daily.
Those of you willing to help need to do 3 things:

1.  Please reply to this note so I know you are willing to help.
2.  Call any and all hospitals where you/your child have received the types of
care listed above since 1998 (puters keep 2 years of stuff)
    and request an itemized copy of the bill
3.  fax them to me at (978)-383-5812 or mail to:
David Ciotola
160 Forest Hill Drive
Hubbard, OH 44425

Please help change our world for the better!

David