BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:17:08 EDT
Larry,

I think this one fits under the heading "where there's a will, there's a
way."  It would take some engineering investigation to find out about the
capacity of the existing foundations to take additional floors, and some cost
assessments to figure out what's more and less expensive.  I think you gotta
convince the University types that histo presto is in their interest-- and
threaten to kick 'em in the economic cojones-- mobilize the young commie
student tree huggers into building huggers, etc.

Then again, they demo'd a nice c. 1900 molded-concrete-block house at ASU to
expand the Architecture building several years after I left, and I doubt that
anybody but me remembers it.

Ralph