BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:08:27 EDT
Let this be a warning to BP.

"Section 10. Sanity is NOT a prerequisite for the Loremaster, shaman, Keeper
of the Weeds, or the members responsible for astrological divination, and may
in fact be a detriment to the proper execution of their positions."
Constitution of the Columbia University Science Fiction Society

Recent back channel conversations re: investigation of old buildings, revives
preservationeer dreams for lucrative Condition Surveys via Remote Viewing
(sleep on it and make a living at the same time) and question as to use of
termite sniffing bats for exploration of decayed wood members at locations of
difficult access for non-spayed dogs (let alone Mr. Callan in Minnesota
expressing concern over kids sniffing/snorting bat guano as job hazard) --
though woodpeckers with mini-cams are a close second on the learning curve.
Is there a fungus amoung us? Aliens infitrate... and an artichoke telling us
all about migraine headaches, his ballistics collection of semi-legal 38
tracers and lead plates in the head (an invisible scar running from temple to
Adam's Apple), this, prior to our taking the suspect being aloft on swing
stage scaffolding at Bellevue -- "I don't have a license. I don't operate
levers. I only ride."

Shaman