Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 20:03:56 -0700
I have an external SCSI ZIP drive on my Windows 2000 machine. If I have the
ZIP disk ejected, I get a warning message when I next boot my system. Win2k
says that the disk was removed without unloading the device (or something to
that effect). It offers to place an unplug/eject icon in the system tray
that would allow for disconnecting the device. Although I select the
shortcut to be added, no such shortcut is in fact added and the process
repeats itself on each bootup.Has anyone else run into this? Also, is there
any hope of a fix?

The same type of problem occurs if my external modem is turned off during
bootup. The solution to the modem is to run the "add hardware" wizard each
time. According to MS, this is the way to do it. On the Microsoft Knowledge
base, one article says that this behavior is a "feature" by design, while
another one says that there is a problem and it has not yet been fixed
(Q232631 and Q238317).  It would be much better if the PNP could be bypassed
so the modem driver is always there. Anyone have a solution to this modem
problem?

Thank you for any help you may have.

Peter Shkabara, P.E.
Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - Sonora, CA
209 588-5156
http://pesh.what.cc

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions