NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 09:02:07 -0400
> I heard from a fiamily member today that there is a new milk that is lactose
> free on the market- they couldn't remember what kind... Has anyone heard of a
> new product?

In the US there are several, depending on where you live.

Lactaid Milk is produced under license by many dairies around the country
although my experience is that the 100% lactose free milk is closer
to 100% from Hood (in the Northeast) than it is in the Southeast
(sorry, can't remember which dairy does it down there).

http://www.morningstarfoods.com/products.html
advertises a Dairy Ease lactose free milk as well - though I haven't
seen it here in New Hampshire.  Not sure what their market is.

http://www.dairyfoods.com/products/milk.html
talks about an organic milk now available as lactose free, from
Organic Valley.  Claims national availability.

There is another one that I have just seen recently in the stores here
in the Northeast - unfortunately, I haven't paid much attention to
the company - "Grinley" or something like that (I think) - it also
offers 100% lactose free milk, but apparently only FatFree (skim) or
whole milk, and I don't do either one.

Hope this helps.