NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Helen Edith Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:43:57 +0000
Fiona Hay <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I have recently looked in Asda and Tesco for Cheesly 'cheese' and for
>lactose-reduced milk but to no avail.
>
>Any ideas?

My other half has found Cheesley in the Otford Sainsbury's, which is
quite a large supermarket: larger than my local one at Bromley, which
doesn't stock Cheesley, although it does stock both plain and fruit
flavoured varieties of Yofu, Provamel Soya Dream, and several varieties
of soya alternatives to dairy milk, including own-brand ones and
Provamel ones.

Your best bet for locating Cheesley is Holland & Barratt, or an
independent Health Food store. I think it's a fairly common Holland &
Barratt line, and some of the independents stock it too.

I have seen Lactolite in my local Sainsbury's, although I'm not prepared
to try it myself. I'm happy with soya, and don't want to unnecessarily
upset my stomach, or give my hands and legs the tingles, over something
that I probably wouldn't even like the taste of. I have reached the
point where I find the smell of dairy milk disgusting.

Helen
--
Helen Edith Stephenson  <[log in to unmask]>
                        http://www.baronmoss.demon.co.uk/