C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:04:27 +0100
               Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> One big advantage I see is the chance to break down the
> barriers between people with special needs and "regular" folks.
> When special ed. kids are pulled out and in a "special" class,
> many people (parents, students, teachers, admin...) don't
> understand them and don't try to because they don't have to.

Yes, I totally agree that these "pull outs" are wrong. Would it
be fair to wonder if the pull out is sometimes done for the
benefit of the teacher and "regular" class?

> Having special needs kids in regular ed. affords everyone a
> chance to exist together as it is in the real world, hopefully
> becoming more compassionate, understanding people in the
> process.

Ah, here you are extolling the supposed virtues it has on the
non-disabled students.

> Just a 5th grade teacher's perspective....
>
> Linda

Just a geezer who passionately wants CP kids to have the best
education possible.

Cheers

--
Deri James
Computer: a device designed to speed and automate errors.