RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:08:44 +0100
I have been trying out a 100% raw organic,high-fat-high-protein(80% of diet)
version of the Primal Diet but without any raw dairy. As I am trying to
increase my muscular strength, I feel it's necessary. You on the other hand,
may not need as much. However, given that Palaeolithic peoples ate raw
animal protein and fat for as at least 65% of their diet, and often much
more, I would recommend increasing your raw-protein intake, just in case.
As far as babies go, they don't have as much muscles and bone in proportion
to body weight as, say, (male) teenagers or adults, so I think one ought to
increase one's protein intake as one gets older. But far more important than
protein, a baby's intake of raw animal fat in the form of mother's milk is
indicative that raw fat is essential to human health.
Geoffrey Purcell