RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefanie Kantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:51:19 -0500
Stefanie:
>> We have to keep in mind that we are talking of animal foods in th=
>> e form of vertebrate meat, since the inclusion of invertebrates in the diet=
>> doesn't require such specific adaptations as vertebrate meat does.

Kirt:
>Since much of your "essay" relies on this point, could you perhaps provide
>some references on why eating vertebrates requires more "specific
>adaptations" than eating invertebrates?

I suppose my previous post made that clear, but to stress the point again
I will rapeat it here. Eating vertebrate meat is the only distinguishing
factor between carnivores/ omnivores and herbivores, since invertebrates are eaten by all of them. I hope I don't need to give references about the
differences between herbivores and carnivores/ omnivores.