RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:57:20 -0700
Hi,
I've not been on this list for a while as I've been busy with trying
get my article, Biology of Emotions, out to all prisons. Its about
preventing future Littleton's, i.e. the terrible misdirecting of
repressed rage-- rage that needs to come out and be redirected toward
early abusers. I feel that people in prisons are at a place where they
might benefit from the self-help measures in the article. It's now
gone
out to all prisons in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia and getting
translated for other countries. I had a nice response from the
Director
of California Youth Facilities who wrote: "You are absolutely correct
that when one of our wards decides to set out on the path to recovery
that self-help as well as structured programs such as the twelve step
are effective"

I've mentioned the article on this list before because it is also
about
rapid recovery from all addictions, including the food addiction, and
some here have shared they have struggled with the food addiction. The
Internet response has been great and those people who used the
self-help

measures consistently have recovered from anxiety and depression in a
few months. There is an adjustment period after that of about a year
after which there is full relief-- including the ceasing of cravings
for

stimulants, ie no more food addiction. So, I hope you will take a
look.
There are some testimonials on the geocities site below and many more,
plus more information about the self-help measures, in the D-A list,
which is a non-interactive outgoing only mailing list.

I'm personally still eating instinctively and doing very well
(physically well except for osteoarthritis and free of all addictions)
especially for someone with my history of drugs and bad food right up
until my sixties. I eat everything raw in it's natural state,
including
raw eggs, chicken, beefalo, especially the marrow,  and lots of fatty
fish like Artic Char that I get here in NYC. I recently tried some raw
milk cheese at the suggestion of someone who thought it would help my
osteoarthritis. I ate it for about six weeks, and sorry I did. It had
taste of non-food to me, ie processed but I ate it anyway. After I
stopped my body started to detox the stuff. I had some mucus, and
congestion, and fever for weeks. So I don't think my genes have
evolved
for cows milk.

That's about it,
Ellie