Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:15:26 +1000
So the printer works under win98? if it does, please try to re-install the
printer driver. For print under DOS, there may be configuration under DOS
program need to take care, if you can double check setting such like printer
port. I have a HP deskjet 500 (old printer), once I had to config it to print
under a DOS based character program, it took me a while to find out what was the
correct setting, I want through 3 times, unless I found out that I changed a
small number (by mistake) somewhere and that stopped the printer.

Jun Qian

Robin wrote:

> Recently a person with whom I'm working took over a DOS based Point Of Sale
> system that my wife and I had used successfully for years . Her hardware guy
> recommended Win 98 instead of the NetLite to network her two computers .
> This slowed her 133 system very much and since increasing her ram it has
> improved a bit ,
> but in my poorly educated opinion it is still too slow . The DOS POS though
> is quite speedy except for the printing , which is non existent . For a week
> or so it would print just as it had with our system , and then it stopped .
> The POS accepts the order and
> processes it as if it has been successful -- I know from experience that
> when there was a printing problem before the whole system would hang , but
> that isn't the case now . I have tried to force printing from the prompt and
> that doesn't work either .

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>