NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 11:14:55 -0500
>I haven't been able to find something that holds stuff together like eggs
>do >for muffins or banana bread.  Everything turns out so crubly.  Do you
>have any >other suggestions?

I use arrowroot powder (same effect as cornstarch except that cornstarch is
genetically engineered and we won't use it).  I have not had problems with
things being crumbly.  I use 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot with 2 Tbsp liquid
(usually soymilk) per egg.

I agree that using the flaxseed recipe adds a flavor that none of us in our
family care for.

Rachele Shaw