RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
François Dovat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:46:02 +0100
Hi, Jean Louis !
I'm glad you're here. I did read a lot of your writings on BeyondVeg website
and I wondered about such a huge amount of  fine work. Is it a degree thesis
or something like that, or did you write it just for the site? If I
understood you well, your opinion is that the healt of instinctos could be
improved if they would add some cooked food (boiled patatoes or so) to their
menus. This is just opposite to the approach of  Dr Jean Seignalet.
He considers the 100% instrinctive raw nutrition as an ideal situation, but
an aim difficult to attain for practical reasons for most people. So he
advices his patients to avoid dairy products and grain, specialy wheat and
to eat as much as possible raw-food. He has recorded extremely impressive
healt improvements on more than 1000 cases, some of which are well described
in his book and writings.
It seems to me your trying to apprehend the astronomical number of extremely
complex organic molecular structures, which is a work far out of reach of a
single man lifetime and also of the whole mankind, even if a reaserch
program of billions of years was launched... You probably know Burger's joke
about that. So I'm more interested in knowing what you can say on this
subject than arguing around some minor questions about the meaning of words
such as "flu","never"or "allmost".

F : (...) No wild animal living in its original environnment is
> >known to have flu.

JL :> Each species has its specific diseases.

F : I should have addded: "Or anything of the kind".

F  :> > When I ate cooked food (near SWD) I had very often severe
> >flu. Now allmost never.

JL :> Well... "almost".

 I wondered whether to say "never" or "allmost never".  I'm still
superstitious about it and think it's
better *never* to use the word "never", but this phrase requires 2 of'em!
Too bad... I do all I can to avoid this word....
In fact the "allmost" stands here for scarce few hours with some fever in
the evening
after windsurfing by bad and cold weather. In the morning I was well again.
I 'don't know whether it was flu or not and I don't care under which
category it realy should be classified. Two years ago, I was off  duty one
full day with fever. When I use to eat cooked food, I had a cold about 4
months a year and very often flu. Now I got the cold maybe one week/year,
and it's very begnin. Do you seriously think I could truly say *never* if I
add boiled and unsalted patatoes to my food choice ?

> >F : Germs (bacterias, not trich !) are welcome to "instinctos" digestive
> >tracks.

JL :> Not when meat starts to get an unpleasant odor.

F : Exactly. That's what our nose is here for, just over the mouth.

JL :> P.S. read "Les plus anciennes traces de feu", in Les dossiers de Pour
la
> Science, Janvier 1999.
> According to recent research, the first known hearths (sp?) are 450,000
> years old.

F : Funny it's just synchronised with the datation of the first known human
dieasese... Thank you, I'll try to find this article.

JL :> (However, I don't know when exactly cooking became widespread.)
F :Yes, no one knows.10000 years is a very approximate guess and according
to ethnies,
location and climate the range of datations must be very broad. And as you
admitted, the exact datation doesn't really matters. Note that chimps still
do not cook yet, eh!

Best regards,

Francois