RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:00:38 -0500
Wes,

Thanks for relating more of your experiences! It does make me think...

As always, it is often hard figuring out what is 'aggravating' or
'worsening', as opposed to healing. For example, if I am following a strict
raw diet, cooked greens cause symptoms as well as fruits, just different
ones. Fruits tend to cause tiredness and spaciness, while the cooked greens
caused tingling and headaches. Actually both foods (be it 'aggravating' or
'detox') cause less symptoms than they used to. I am totally convinced the
cooked green symptoms were 100% on the aggravating side, because it was only
when I stopped the cooked greens that I gained weight, my stools became less
odorous, many little aches and pains vanished and my hypothyroidism cleared
up.

Despite my original response, as I noted to Loren, its never good to have a
closed mind, and I won't discount that eventually I could possibly be eating
a high-fruit diet. In any case, it is not something I am likely to jump into
quickly. Nonetheless, in 1995 I could never have imagined eating as I do
now - however imperfect it may be, it is such a huge improvement over the
SAD diet, as well as a very substantial improvement over the 'whole-foods,
mostly cooked, mega-supplements' approach still prescribed by too many
alternative docs and recommended in too many 'alternative diet' books (in my
humble opinion). My basic diet goal is simply to stick to all natural and
80% or so raw foods, and not venture back occasionally into clearly
unhealthy foods as I did at times last year.

--Paul