RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 01:08:54 -0800
> As you can guess, I'm sensitive to cold, and always
> looking for clues to how to beat this annoying
> problem.

i know of lot of other raw peoples depriving themselves of animal sources of
food that suffer from cold .
first check for hypothyroidy ( take your  basal temperature 1 rst thingin
the morning  when waking up before moving , if it is below the norm you have
mal functionning thyroid function )
when i started to eat raw it was beginning of january and i was working in a
ski resort standing all day long in one place in the cold ).it was the first
year that i didn't suffer from painfull cold feets .
I was pilling up wild filberts shells on my plate and reintroducing timidly
raw meats after 12 years being a cooked  grains  vegetarian . I was craving
the fats and the meat.
now that i eat as much animal fats  as i want my resistance to cold improved
drastically to the point that i c.an enjoy to swim in cold water when before
i had to get out as soon as possible .
i have hypothyroidy( in fact no secretion at all )  and when i tried to quit
my medication my basal temperature could be as low than 34 degre celsius
 normal 37 ).
i also did a 3 months ski trip in the rockies eating mostly dried fruits
nuts  honey and salt and almost no meats ll t and adapted to the cold to a
point that  by entering a store for supply  i was litterally shoked by the
heat . But i was physically very active or sleeping in my sleeping bag and
tent .
jean-claude