RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:05:17 +1100
At 10:28 PM -0800 14/1/02, Stefanie Kantor wrote:

>I just want to show people that you don't understand evolution,
>so they know not to take you too seriously.

It's comments like this that make this list such a nasty place.
So while we're being nasty... :)

Your original critique of the beyondveg article (which you
conveniently forgot to link to) simply beggars belief.

It is *not* sufficient to simply say something is "irrelevant"
in order to disprove it.

And it is *not* sufficient to answer someone's question by
telling them you think they're joking.

And it is *not* sufficient to refute someone's assertion by
telling them they are ignorant.

Your original posting and all your follow-up posts contain
no factual information. It's simply hear-say and your opinion.

If *you* want to believe something, that's fine by me. But if
you want *me* to adopt your beliefs, you have to demonstrate
that the basis of my current beliefs is unsound.

So far you have failed spectacularly to make a dent in my
understanding of evolution and my belief that the human
organism is almost perfectly adapted to an omnivorous diet.

You may wish to return to your original article and rewrite it
in such a way that it contains facts to support your assertions
that the claims presented in the beyondveg article are false.

And by the way, your hair splitting about the nature of
evolution doesn't do your argument any good at all.

 ...Richard.