RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:01:39 -0800
From: François Dovat <[log in to unmask]>
.( i for ex without effort stole a
> > pigeon killed by a crow , or a  crab or dead deer from eagles , easy
> without
> > no more than my presence ).
>
> You must be a really  wild hunter- gatherer! In which wilderness do you
live
i wish i will be , it is hard to learn this life style without any elders
left to train me .But i am dedicated to it and love harvesting .
i live on an island west of vancouver , it is a rather inhabited island for
my standard ( i come from an 80 inhabitant mountain village in the
pyrennees) i am living next close to a park.
the shoreline is a very rich environment with interesting interactions
between diverse ecosystems where you can see things like crows hunting
pigeons by pushing them in the ocean and keeping them there till they get
exhausted enough to start to fish them and eat them alive . Deers are in
great number here and the increase traffic on the roads kill lot of them .
every year i find at least two .
> ?
> And I can also say that the best tools to eat meat are our teeth.
> It is much better adapted to this work than forks and knives though a
knife
> is usefull to
> strip if no predator or butcher has allready done it for you.

last summer , we  killed and butchered a goat at a primitive life skill
gathering with stone tools i cut myself 3 times in the process as obsidian
is way sharper than steel , we did the skinning with some non specific
stones found in the river , it was cutting well enough to make the job easy
.

jean-claude