RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
François Dovat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:52:26 +0100
From: "Ingrid Bauer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: Tom Billings on evolution

> i  might agree with you that we can be well eating non vertebrate only as
> animal source of food   but there is i think enough demonstration that
> vertebrate eating have been in our diet for a very long time  to be sure
of
> an adaptation  ( 2 and half milion years ago we had tools already for
that )
> and as Francois said you don't even need tools to have access to meats
left
> by  or stolen from carnivorous animals .( i for ex without effort stole a
> pigeon killed by a crow , or a  crab or dead deer from eagles , easy
without
> no more than my presence ).

You must be a realy  wild hunter- gatherer! In which wilderness do you live
?
And I can also say that the best tools to eat meat are our teeth.
It is much better adapted to this work than forks and knives though a knife
is usefull to
strip if no predator or butcher has allready done it for you.

> are  eggs  vertebrate or not ? Easy to get .

Good question. It may shows that categories are artificial and that we
d'better get rid of them.
The nature is a continum.
.
> i eat lot of invertebrate myself but am still very attracted by red meats

Me too, specialy gamy and somewhat dry meat.

François