From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:10:17 -0500
Hello all,

I just purchased a Pentium 3 800Mhz EB (Coppermine 133Mhz FSB) FC-PGA chip.
Using PPGA(FCPGA) to Slot 1 adapter.

System is setup as follows:

Multiboot Win98 1st and Windows 2000 Pro w/ SP1.

Ati All-in-Wonder 128 Pro 32 Meg AGP.
PCI Slot 1 Empty.
PCI Slot 2 Soundblaster Live MP3+ Sound Card
PCI Slot 3 Empty.
PCI Slot 4 3Com 10/100 Etherlink III NIC (to cable modem)
ISA Slot 1 Dlink 10 Mbps NIC to LAN.

Ram: 128 MB PC133 Micron
Motherboard: Abit BE6-2, this is the version right before version 2. un sure
of exact ver. number. Using
Lastest Bios updates

I just need a second opinion to verify my diagnosis.   When the chip is set
for the 133 FSB speed(6x133=800)
to get the Chip's rated speed there is a problem when my OS attempts to
load.  When I attempt to load
Windows 2000 while operating @ 133 FSB it gives sometype of hardware
bluescreen error when the 2000 Splash
screen is up and the bar is about 3/4 the way across. When I attempt to load
Windows 98, right about when the GUI is supposed to load the monitor goes
into the power saving mode as if the signal from the video card went dead.
When I move the FSB speed down to 121 Mhz every works perfectly, and very
stabley.  Because the chip is clock locked
It will only operated at about 740Mhz (6x121).  Its @ about 125 Mhz it
startes the bluescrren error when 2000 loads
and Win98 the display goes into the power saving mode.

In the CMOS the AGP clock is set @ 2/3x121 which make the AGP bus
Overclocked to 80 Mhz.  When running @ 133 FSB the AGP clock runs @ 89 Mhz.
Am I right in assuming there is a problem with ATI card in that it doesn't
like to be Overclock very much passed 80Mhz FSB???.  I looked to see if
there was a setting for the FSB to run @ 1/2 of 133,
but that wasn't there.

I due believe I saw somewhere what cards supported the AGP overclock, but I
don't remember where?

I think that's about it,  so what do you think??

--Patrick Black

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions