From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 06:06:25 -0800
On 26 May 00, at 10:50, Susan Sutherland wrote:

> >From: [log in to unmask]
> I would prefer self-teaching, if possible, because
> >it looks a lot less expensive.
>
> I was self-taught, and it certainly is cheaper. I like
> Certification Insider Press' Exam Prep/Exam Cram series.
> Transcender practice exams are helpful, and these books usually
> come with sample exams on CD. I used these for both MS and A+.
> There are also numerous web-based resources for these tests, but
> the quality varies.

  For what it's worth:  I was self-taught; for each $100 exam, I
spent $60-100 on books to study from.  The "Exam Prep" series were
the ones where I went out and bought the books for tests I'd already
passed, in order to have them on hand for reference.
  That said, I don't think I ever found a practice test incuded with
a book (never tried Transcenders) that didn't have at least one bug
in either the test itself (e.g. "choose two of the following"
question coded to onl;y allow one selection) or in the test
software....

  Anyway, I second the recommendation of the Exam Prep series.

David G
A+, MCSE
working on CCNA when I find time

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions